mylot

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I want to help

Over three years ago, after I graduated from College, I met my cousin's American fiance. We've been talking for hours and he asked what my plans were now that I graduated and what I wanted to do in life.

Being naive and honest, I told him that I would take the board exam and if I do pass, I would look for a job and hopefully I could work abroad. We all know that working abroad pays more and that you could actually get rich.

And being the idealistic kid that I was, I told him I wanted to be a missionary and help people around the world. I also told him that I wanted to be a Red Cross volunteer.

I thought he would be happy.

Instead, he told me that I am so idealistic and naive. And that I would just be wasting my time.

Of course I got upset.

But his words did not dampen my spirit.

At present, I am unemployed again. But this year, I'm hoping this would change after my Australian Trip.

And my dream to help would materialize. I just need that one reply saying that my help is appreciated and wanted.

I need that sign. I need that chance to help.

No comments: