mylot

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gone Too Soon

It's just Facebook.

But somehow, it has connected people around the world, whether they knew each other before it became popular or they just met in the hottest social networking site up to date.

When I was new in FB way back early 2008, I would accept everyone who invites me. Thus, I have more than a thousand friends. But I stopped accepting people I don't know.

One of the people I've accepted was Michael Caccioppa. I don't even know how to pronounce his last name. We became friends March of last year and we were exchanging mails while I was in Singapore. Coincidentally, he was there too.

I checked his profile and I was doubtful as to his real appearance. For me, he was too good to be true. I mean, come on. He was hot. Well, he was a model, afterall.

He told me he loved the Philippines and he actually had a charity that has been helping poor children in our country.

I let it pass.

So I asked a common friend whom he shared a very unique bond. They were close. And she told me some things about him, thereby, verifying his identity.

And he went on with his life of modeling, charities, jet-setting and law school. And I went on with mine.

Last February he posted on my wall, commented on my photos. He loved to connect with people he knows. And I actually appreciated his gestures. From that, I could see that he was a good man, a great man perhaps.

At a young age, he was able to do a lot of good things like help a lot of needy children not just in our country but to some other third world countries as well. He and his family have changed the lives of the people they have met and helped.

And I admire him for that.

But God has other plans for him. He passed away a few days ago, shocking the cyberworld.

It was indeed a tragedy to lose someone so good at a young age.

But I've said this before and I'm saying this again, Who are we to question God's plans?

Death, however untimely, intentional, due to illness or old age, is part of our life, and if it's really your time to go, you have to go, no matter what.

Of course we can not help but feel the loss and ask why him?

Maybe, just maybe, he has served his purpose here on earth. After all the goodness and the great things he has done.

One thing that boggles my mind is that, had he not died, would we have the chance to have met here in Cebu? He was planning to settle down here after all.

I would have loved to have met such a wonderful guy.
I knew he was coming here. I just put it aside because I had some things to attend to back home and I had to go away on a short trip with my family.

I truly regret not being able to meet the guy and show him Cebu even though he had been here many times.

But I will make it up to him. I will help his family here. I may not have the financial resources but I have enough time and effort to help.

For being the man that he was, he showed me the better things in life, and he inspired me to be a better person.

Michael Caccioppa, May you rest in peace.
An Angel in Disguise


xoxo,
dee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, im his ggod friend also as well as her sister katie, im in doubt also by his existence. how ever i really dont know i got emails from her sister telling he got poisoned in indonesia.....same things he said to you, chatting and all..for 3 consecutive years.......still wondering whats real from whatever....just saying and sharing....my cousin saw this post of yours years ago then now i decided to comment..;) God bless! have you met him? coz he called me when he was here but he didnt show up.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry ladies but you've been fooled, this man is the american model Sean O'pry https://www.google.com.mx/#q=sean+o%27pry&safe=off