mylot

Monday, August 1, 2011

My Boracay Escapade

It was, in the real sense of the word, an escapade.
Sure, it was planned a few months before and that we had no way of knowing what might happen between the planning and the actual day itself. But that weekend somehow provided me a break, a temporary escape from the painful events that had taken place in my life at that time.

I was with my family but they are the people that I am not most comfortable to be completely myself with. There is a kind of behavior that I have to show them, that I am not a careless kid but a responsible professional. At that time, I felt like I had to be on my toes instead of being carefree. After all, I was in a paradise called Boracay.

Well, it sufficed.
It had to. I mean, I boarded the ship to Cebu and the plane to Caticlan without so much as a thousand in my wallet. I did not spend a single peso on this trip. So, pardon my language but who the hell was I to complain? I was never, am still not and will never be an ungrateful bitch.

I was just grateful that my brother included me on this trip, ulterior motive or not. Ha-ha.

You see, my niece, Innah, is growing up. Sometimes, teenagers and their parents do not really see eye-to-eye. And that's the time when the "cool tita" comes into the picture. LOL

Innah and I just hit it off like friends. Maybe, because I see myself in her and she, in me. And the primary reason is, maybe, my being able to adapt to the age and/or maturity of the person/s I am with. In addition to that, we just have a lot of things in common.

The great thing about family trips is that everything's paid for. And yes, (*eyes rolling) we get to bond more. We spent most of our time at the beach , strolling, eating, swimming and people-watching. My brother never restricted eating, so whatever we feel like eating, he let us. He was not scrimping on eating, trust me.

We tried our best not to eat at places that we normally do not eat in back home or in Cebu. We had our tummies full from buffets after buffets from bereakfast to dinner. The only downside was that I was not able to drink a glass of my favorite Mojitos from Club Paraw. Well, I totally don't really see it as a downside. It was a different trip for me.

And a Bora adventure would not be complete without trying our hands on Frisbee. I must say, it looked easy on tv and pictures.

All in all, we had a whale of a time and it was a well-deserved trip. And it had been three years since the four of us went on a trip together. No night out, less alcoholic drinks and some awkward moments, nonetheless, it was a great and unforgettable trip.


We had this trip back April 2-5, 2011

No comments: