mylot

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Miracle of Life


October 2, 2011 6:00 am-7:25 pm

We were anxiously waiting for Espee to safely deliver her second baby, Gabrielle Elizabeth. She had been unknowingly on labor since Saturday afternoon. It was when she had her bloody show early morning last Sunday that we brought her to the hospital. Without a doubt, everyone was as excited as I was but no one was as nervous as me. I have witnessed a lot of deliveries, whether NSVD or CS. I have also watched women in labor who were supposed to deliver normally but at the last minute something went wrong that they had no choice but to have a C-Section. But I never showed my worries instead I silently prayed for everything to go smoothly and without complications. I urged Germaine to pray for her mom as well. I have always believed that there's strength in numbers, that's why I sent a group message to my cousins asking them to pray for her safe delivery. 

God heeded our prayers. 7:26 pm, Espee delivered a baby girl via NSVD. Imagine my relief. NSVD. I could feel my tears welling up in my eyes and I tried so hard not to cry because Glenn was not even crying. Those were tears of joy. The same tears I shed when Gayle delivered Riley. And I am just so happy that both of them are out of danger and healthy. I felt like a big weight on my shoulders were lifted. I felt like I could breathe again. I remained calm outside but I was jumping for joy inside!

Having a VBAC is risky. There are complications. Through her determination and preparation, she was able to have it successfully and I really admire her for that. I could never do that. I would just simply submit myself to another CS because I'm scared I might screw things up. I am the worst nurse there is. I'm a great nurse for other people but when it comes to myself, I, I, I.... just don't do well with myself. I guess it comes with the knowledge that I have gained when I studied Nursing. Being aware has its downside, too, you know. 

Four days after her birth, 2 days after Espee was discharged, Baby Gab is still at the hospital undergoing antibiotic therapy due to meconium staining. But she's set to go home tomorrow and everybody is just so excited to welcome her home. I, on the other hand, have reservations. I am currently on antibiotic therapy, too, since I have cough and colds for over a week now. And I don't want her to contract  whatever bacteria/virus I have. Prevention has always been better than cure. So I guess I just have to stay away for awhile. I don't want to be blamed if something happens to her.

Anyway, this is Baby GAB. Isn't she an angel?



xoxo,
dee

1 comment:

ericderey said...

Thank you lord:) at long last espee labored and delivered safely. I wish I was there too. I wanna see the baby. Take care and regards to all. I missed you teh:)