mylot

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What's in my bag?

I took these photos many moons ago. I think I was still in Cebu at that time. You know, I get bored so easily and I just do whatever it is that my heart desires. haha I posted these photos in my Tumblr account. But I'm not going to just go on and copy-paste what I blogged in Tumblr, just cause.

Anyway, people would almost always see me with a medium to large-sized bag. Once in a blue moon, I would carry a purse or a small sling bag, even. But it's rare. It's like a big bag or no bag at all. I don't know the real reason behind that but I feel like I just have to bring everything. I guess I'm OC that way. Well, you can't even call that obsessive-compulsive since I am the least tidy person in the whole universe. You should see my room. It's a mess. Well, I call it my organized mess, that's what I tell my parents. Haha Even my brother complains about it. He questions my sexuality/gender, okay, he questions my being a woman. Honestly, my family questions my being a nurse. My things are just all over the place. Nurses are supposed to be tidy. To tell you the truth, I am tidy with myself, just not with my hair and things. And if I do clean things up and arrange them, I would get really OC about it and I would rant about people going through my things and disarrange them.


Enough about that. Let's see what's inside my bag. The things inside my bag have changed over the years. Back in high school, I would just put anything just to have something in my bag so that it won't look anorexic. Yes, people, I'm crazy that way. I guess bringing a bag has to do something with my peace of mind. I also use it to cover my BABY FAT, which is not that baby-looking. 

Right now, these are the constant products in my bag.

 1. Skyflakes and Nescafe. I have ulcer and hyperacidity. If I don't eat anything I tend to get sick. I guess, almost every nurse has either of these conditions and if he/she's lucky, both. Why Skyflakes? Why not bring those sweet treats for instant glucose satisfaction? Well, I tend to get nauseous and crackers have the tendency to absorb excess stomach acids which causes nausea. So, there. And why Nescafe? Well, I love coffee and I am loyal to this particular brand. The flavor just suits me well. I'm not supposed to drink coffee anymore but I can't help myself.

2. Alcohol and Cologne. Actually, I bring two kinds of alcohol. Both the same brand just different bottles. I use Green Cross because the smell is not too strong or too fragrant. Alcohol is a must-have in every nurse's bag. It's like a protocol for nurses to have it. If you don't, people would say the darndest things: "Unsa man ka na nurse ui, wala'y alcohol." (What kind of a nurse are you? You don't even have alcohol.) (Okay, that's not really the translation but it gives the clearer meaning.) Cologne/Body Spray/Body Mist or any liquid that would make you smell great. I don't use perfume because it's too strong for me. I prefer Eau de Toilette. Mostly, I used Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction. I don't usually buy them since I almost always get 2-3 bottles a year. Thank you to the sponsors. Another mist I love is  Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea. I don't just use any fragrance. I have a specific type. I don't want to use those scents that would make me smell like a 60 year-old matron. Really. Women should use scents that are appropriate for their age not just because it's one helluva expensive parfum.

3. Tissue and Umbrella. I won't be caught dead without a tissue in my bag. I have lots of use for this very important paper in my life. I use it to wipe my sweat. I sweat a lot. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. Especially in my facial area. It drips, like water. For the life of me, it's like a leak in the faucet. And if I'm not sweating, I use it to wipe away the EXCESS OIL. I feel like I'm so rich since my face is also rich in OIL. And if I'm not using it to wipe gunk off my face, I use it to wipe urine and shit off my private areas. HAHA. I've never gotten UTI in my entire life, THANK YOU LORD and I don't want to have it in the future. I use tissue all the time. I hate being wet down there and it just smells if you won't wipe off the excess urine. And yes I also pour water after every piss but I also wipe it dry with tissue. The secret of being UTI-free and still using tissue is to wipe it front to back and NOT BACK TO FRONT. Check the principle of Microbiology. The asshole is dirtier than the urinary meatus. I don't need to explain that. I prefer JOY and TISYU. They're soft and when you use them, you won't have fibers all over your face. Umbrella, we all use it to protect ourselves from the harmful rays of the sun. But I use it more so than I can still go home even if it's raining. This cute little thing is a gift from our family in Japan. It's from Forever 21. I've always had cute umbrellas. I used to buy at Watson's, theirs are just so colorful and pretty.

4. Lip gloss, Lip Balm, Inhaler, Comb and Mirror. The FaceShop's Fruit Jelly Tube is what I always use on my lips. It gives them a light tint and it tastes good. Do you know what's the best thing I love about this product? It's very affordable. I bought it for only Php150. Imagine that! Another lip product I use is EOS lip balm. I sometimes have chapped lips and using glosses or lipstick can aggravate the condition so I use EOS lip balm in Summer fruit to soothe the dryness of my puckers. It's actually very cheap in the states, less than USD5 each and since I got mine online here in the Philippines, I got it around Php250. A bit expensive but I didn't mind paying the extra pesoseseses. Who wouldn't recognize the infamous Five Cranes? As I got older, I get dizzy/nauseous very easily, especially when traveling. This is my travel BFF. This comb, I got since college. It's helps me have that clean look my university required. Ain't that a pretty mirror? I got that from my sister-in-law. That was like her mom's pasalubong for her from Japan. One night, she was drunk as hell, she gave it to me. I love Japan and I love geishas. And most of all, I love mirrors.
On to another set of photos.
5. Ampules and syringes. NO, I AM NOT AN ADDICT. I am just in pain, once in a while. I have gallstones and twice or thrice a year I'd have pain attacks that no amount of oral pain relievers such as Buscopan and Dolcet could alleviate. I would resort to IM injections.

6. Cellphones. Need I say more?
7. Notebook and pen. I don't use these anymore. I'm using another notebook and pen. I lost that notebook and the pen, Germaine lost it. In my previous blog, I said I think a lot. And sometimes, I just have to write them down. I would type them in my ipod but wait, I don't have one anymore.
8. Sunglasses. To protect my peepers from the harmful rays of the sun.

Yellow purse. I used that as my kikay kit. But it was too small for my make-up. I'm using a new one now.
Black purse. Inside that are: Binaca mouth freshener, Vicks Inhaler, a ponytail holder I got since college, a cat ring, some other rings and receipts.
Purple box. Memory Card holder which hold 2 cards. I got this holder at CD-R king for less than Php50.
Yellow coin purse. I got this in Super Metro in Mandaue for like Php20.
Headset and Rosary.

See, I really need a big bag for all my stuff. And I usually bring a 500ml bottle of mineral water with me. So please, don't judge me if I bring a big bag. I don't want to be buying stuff everytime I go to places just because I didn't bring mine with me. It would be just impractical on my part. :D

No comments: