mylot

Sunday, October 16, 2011

WHY the hell am I SINGLE?

there are a lot of problems in the world bigger than being single. haha 
I think of it as a blessing. I mean, if you are involved with someone, there is the possibility of having problems that would make you sleepless in some nights. there's also the minute possibility that you would have to answer to someone other than your parents. (we dont like it when our parents tell us what to do, and we allow someone not related to us, other than our bosses to?) 
as i've read in your (ERIC) recent entry, you don't know yourself anymore. you feel like a stranger. so here's my very UNSOLICITED advice to you, my friend. try to get to know yourself again. enjoy your being single. pamper yourself. love yourself. be in a relationship with yourself. be secured in your being first before trying to be secured with another human being. because sometimes, just when we thought the problem is outside us, life plays a joke and makes us realize that the problem is within us. we are single because we deserve to be. there's a whole lot of positivities in being single. you don't have to be with someone to be happy. you only have to be yourself and be with yourself. 
and if you really want to be in a relationship, ask yourself, are you in love with the person you're with or are you just in love with the idea of being in love? because you know, there are days that I ask myself the same thing and more often than not, i'd rather be free of the complications of being involved. Again, im not a cynic. im just lazy.


This is my comment to Eric's Status.


Being in a relationship is tiring. Dont get me wrong. Gahd! I want to be in love. I want to date. I want to have a boyfriend and I want to get married. I want my "Happily ever after". But I am not in a hurry. That's why im using . instead of !. I believe that everything has its own place and time, and reason.
I have been single for two whole years now. And I was in a couple of relationships that obviously didnt work out before that. I have moved on, mind you. Am I bitter? No, I am not. If anything, I am better. I took what happened to me, good and bad, and learned from all of them no matter how painful those were. Of course, there were times when I forgot and lost my way. But I tend to drift back to the right direction.
And oh yes, the heartbreaks I felt. The pain. Those sleepless nights. The tears on my pillow. The harsh words of friends. That limbo.
But never in a million years did I think that I wouldn't get over that one person I thought I would love for the rest of my life.
Sure, the pain felt like it would never go away and that my heart would take forever to heal. But I never thought that I wouldn't get over them. I knew I would get over them. But I also knew that it would take time. I felt the pain to the point of enjoyment. As Shakespeare once said, 


"FEEL THE PAIN til it hurts no more."
Feel the pain. And then slowly detach yourself. I learned the art of detachment thanks to Mitch Albom. See, we can learn a lot through reading and application.
Anyway, to clear things up (I am forever clearing myself up because people tend to misunderstand/misunderstood me) my past experiences, rather my past relationships, the parts where they failed and hurt like crazy, played a role in my being single. hmmm. But not for the reasons you think. I am in no way traumatized. As I've said, I learned a lot from them. Hagooy. I am drifting again. Im not blogging about heartbreaks and overcoming them. Im supposed to be blogging about being single. Agidaaaaao.
So Im stopping this na.
Being single gives you a lot of time. And by a lot of time, I mean 24 hours all to yourself. So what can one normal human being do with that? let me give you a breakdown.

  • 6-8hours of sleep.
  • 8 hours of work
  • 1 1/2-3 hours of mealtime(30 minutes to 1 hour/meal)
  • 30minutes-1 hour of travel time
  • 2 hours of Facebook/Twitter/Blog
  • 3 hours of tv/movie
This is give and take 24 hours. And of course, you can add in Gym, shopping, et cetera.

As for me, I spend about:
  • 7 hours on sleep everyday
  • 1 1/2 hour of mealtime
  • 6hours of baby duty. 
  • and the remaining 10 hours, I spend online or in front of the television.
No wonder I gained a lot the past 2 weeks. Maybe I should take an hour for exercise. Nah. I AM NOT MAKING ANY SENSE. NAWALA NA JUD KO SA TOPIC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's really up to all of us, how to live our lives. how we choose to see things. or how we choose to feel.
Everyday, we are given a chance to live our lives according to our preference. God gave us one of the greatest gifts, the gift of CHOICE.
In every second of our life, we are given a choice.
Whether you are single, married, taken or taken for granted, you must remember that every second of every day, we are given the choice to be happy. You just have to decide on it.
Life never demanded a romantic partner for one to be at his/her happiest. Life only demanded us to live.
I am single. And I am happy. I am not at my happiest though. Most days I am okay. I'm just glad that I have friends and family who are happy enough to have me. Yes, I have goals, dreams and plans, like most people do. I will act on it in God's perfect time. As for now, I have another purpose. As I've said, things happen for a reason. People come and go. Basically everything has a reason. It's up to us how to see things.
As for me, as much as possible, I try to see things positively. I try to see the glass as half-full. NOT HALF-EMPTY.
I guess the problem is not really being single.
SO why the hell am I single? I don't know. Maybe because I haven't met that one person that's worth the risk. I'm not saying I'm waiting for the ONE. all im saying is that, I haven't met the person that's worth the risk of getting hurt. I just haven't met the person worthy enough for me to dress up and get out of the house for. In short, I haven't met someone that Im gaga about. Another thing, feel nako wala pa koy right maglovelife ron kay i am unemployed. Ohoooy! EPIPHANY: I am not in a relationship now because I choose not to be. I have plans and I don't want some things to hinder me from realizing them. In other words: I don't want my happiness to be in the way of my would-be success. I want to have a stable job, money in the bank, properties before having a relationship. And yes, to avoid the complications of a long distance relationship.


BOTTOMLINE:
Happiness is a matter of perspective. Change the way you see things and you'll be happy and contented.
Being single is not all that bad. there are productive ways. and ayaw sad pagdali because in time, you will be involved and diba, you just want to enjoy that moment with him/her? So when the time comes na naa nakay uyab, you won't feel like nasasakal kung obsessive-possessive siya because nag enjoy kas imo pagka single before.


think of being single as a blessing. SINGLE-BLESSEDNESS. also, think of it as a preparation. prepare yourself for the possibility of everything.


mura gud ug preschool bah. murag prerequisite. Like PolSci for law and nursing/BS Bio/PT for medicine.


Let things unfold in their own time.


That's the beauty of life. So enjoy it. Enjoy what you have. Nothing is permanent in this world. the time will come that it will be taken away from you, atleast you enjoyed it.


Muabot ra ang time na dili naka ma-single. For the meantime, enjoy being one. IT'S NOT PERMANENT. NOTHING IS.


always choose to be happy. rather be single than in a shitty relationship. we deserve better. let's not settle on something less than what we want/need/deserve.


Celebrate. others are stuck in relationships they don't want to be in. :D

No comments: