mylot

Friday, November 23, 2012

2012: What am I thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving!


I almost forgot that its that time of year once again to celebrate all the good things that has happened to us.

This year, aside from having a healthy body and mind, I am thankful for a few special things that God has given me.

Firstly, I am thankful that I was brought up the way I was. Some might disagree but I've given this some thought and I say it has been beneficial for me. It has made me see that it's not always about having heaps of money or new clothes or gadgets. It's about making the most of everything that you have. Yes, these things can make you happy. But until when?

Secondly, the chance to live in Australia. Even for a few months. Being here has opened my eyes to a lot of things. It's true that you will never understand unless you are experiencing it yourself. Living away from home is harder in itself. How much more if you're living in another country with totally different cultures and traditions. Another thing i learned is that it's never easy working/living abroad. Sometimes, it only looks good in pictures. One thing that families left in the Philippines don't understand is that they kept on asking money without so much as a thought on how many meals, etc. that their relative opted not to eat or in some cases, just ate canned goods or noodles just to give in to their vices and caprices. I am more than thankful that I was not raised in a wealthy environment because of that, I learned and I know how to appreciate what I have and make the most of it.

Thirdly, I am grateful that I have these wonderful people around me, my parents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins and a few great friends. I thank them for their understanding in trying times and those moments when I was too much to handle and of course, with my recent situation. I am thankful they reacted the way they did, accepted both me and my baby and of course, the baby daddy, Jev. I know some people have a lot to say but i already reached a point where I don't give an eff anymore.

Fourthly, I am thankful that I met a wonderful person who showed me that not all men are jerks and assholes. He made me believe in forever once again.

And last but not the least, I am thankful that I am given this opportunity to be a mum, to be someone that a little person could always look up to. I may not inspire a lot of people but I know I could be an inspiration to my lil bub. I may not make a big difference in this world but I know I can definitely make a huge difference in the life of my baby.

I am thankful for these things that I have now for without them, I am not where I am, not who I am today.

thank you Lord for always being there for me and my loved ones.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family!!! I wish i was home to celebrate it with everyone.

Xx,
Dee

No comments: