mylot

Friday, May 1, 2009

if it rains, it pours

Happy labor Day y'all!

it's a 3-day weekend so rest up and enjoy all you working peeps out there.

Anyway, it felt like ages since I last posted here. And as usual, a lot has happened during my absence in cyberspace.
  • A couple of Wednesdays ago, we went to Cebu from Manila. Five of us boarded on the 1pm flight and another five on the 3pm flight. The 1pm peeps had no idea that their baggage was boarded on the Cotabato flight. there was a minor mixed up at the check-in counter due to an arrogant mayor. So when we were all in Cebu, we waited for more than 24hrs and with a lot of pestering to get their luggage. Thank goodness we didnt lose ours.

  • i had my hair cut, BTW. Right now, my nickname is:




                          • i went to tacloban to take care of a few things. After they were taken care of, Diane and I went to Burauen. We were pretty much on the road that day. I felt like my butt would disappear anytime from all the sitting we did. Finally, we arrived to our destination. We were giggling like schoolgirls the whole time we were there. We immediately adapted to the place that's why when we left, we felt a tinge of separation anxiety. I wanted to hold on to the nearest electric post so as not to leave. but then again, I had to for we ran out of underwear already. :D
                          • What happend there was something new for me. usually my mother doesnt allow me to sleepover. But then again it's not just anybody's home. Inspite of the mundanity of the place, pretty much like albuera but less in some things, e.g. streetlights, we managed to enjoy ourselves. We were welcomed with open arms and I wish we didnt have to leave so soon. The only Waray words I learned were:

                          -MAhagkot- cold

                          -Mapaso- hot

                          -bogto- im not even sure if its friends or brother.

                          And of course this funny reminder:

                          "Dire poyde maglabay ha basura"

                          ----if you're Cebuano, You would have understood this as :

                          "YOu can throw your garbage here"

                          But if you're Waray, DIRE means NO.

                          • We went home via Tacloban last WEd. The people around us were amused because the whole time that we were conscious, we were giggling. A couple of people from the back of the vhire tooke pictures of us already.
                          • ---- A lot has happened to us in Waray. But i cannot disclose it here. it's not really personal but it involves other people. soooo...

                          April is over. They said summer has officially ended. Why? I wonder.

                          May has just begun. And it's time omce again for Fiestas. I can not wait.

                          ciao!



                          No comments: