mylot

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Expressing myself


I have always loved writing as much as reading books. My bestfriends and I used to flock to the school library and borrow as many books as we were allowed to. Most of us were members of the school paper. But no one really bothered to take up Journalism. And I guess I know why. We were coerced into being practical. (LOL)


In college, I resorted to blogging since I just don't have the time nor the inclination to join the school paper and besides, how fun it was to write for a paper that publishes only once a year. Hurray to School Journalism.


A few moons ago, I have been bored for the longest time, I read my past entries and boy was I surprised by what I have read. It made me realized that it may seem like nothing much has changed when in fact almost everything is not the same anymore. And some just made me laugh, especially the ones where I used to be a sort of Jejemon blogger. Ew, I know. But I have evolved. Thank you to the person who was my number one critic at that time. He taught me a lot of things and I couldn't be any more thankful. I wasn't that "taga-bukid" when it comes to blogging and texting anymore. Ha-ha.


examples:

  • Musta na u?
  • wer u?
  • sleep na me
  • eat na me
  • basically the use of me and u in the above context.


Reading those blog posts just sends chills down my spine. Ha-ha


BLOGGING has always been my outlet when I am happy, sad, angry, excited, bored, in love, brokenhearted, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I don't care much about the grammar, the words I used, the length. All I care about is putting into words how I feel and somehow making myself feel better. And when I do, sometimes things just make sense to me.


But there are things I write that I don't want some people to read. Why do I even bother posting it then, you may ask? Because I don't really think people follow my notes or blogs aside from a few friends. And I don't write just for people to like or comment on it. I write for the sole reason of expressing myself. Some may think otherwise. But I don't care. As the old saying goes,


What others think about you is none of your business.


One of my bestfriends once asked me while we were Skype-ing, she said "Why don't you put tags on your notes?"

It took me a few seconds to answer (I think). And I even forgot my answer. I guess it just never occurred to me to make people read it.


I don't understand myself sometimes. I blog to express how I feel. It's my outlet. It's a risk to put almost everything out in the open. That's why I just put excerpts here and my full posts in my blog.


Maybe I should just stop here, right?

Haha, right.


I'm Loida, I'm an internet addict, I'm real. (Right, Eric?)


A few months back, I stopped blogging. I got what they call "writer's block".


I remember one night when Tintin and I were either chatting or texting about blogging. She urged me to write again. And in that instant, i wrote an entry worth posting. Irene and Tintin were my muses, still are.


Have I said Thank you to you guys? Well, THANK YOU!


And I know I will continue blogging. And I know my friends will continue reading my posts. My fans. HAHAHAHAHA.

I love you, LA!!!



No comments: