mylot

Friday, February 18, 2011

In Love


Ever since I could remember, I have been a flower girl in our relative's and family friends' weddings. I used to hate being in those itchy, frilly flower girl dresses. Believe it or not, I even dread the pictorial at the end of every wedding. What could I do, I was an ugly kid.

Then I grew up into this hopeless romantic high school girl with dreams of meeting her prince, falling in love and living happily ever after. I used to have this notebook with all the plans of my dream wedding, from the gown to the wedding souvenirs to the wedding songs. I used to spend days just sketching wedding dresses and racking my brains out for wedding ideas.

I used to fantasize about a romantic wedding, even without a groom in the picture. I planned to get married at 23. Funny. You see, I am a week shy of being 24. Could it be possible for me to find that man of my dreams, have a whirlwind romance and get married before midnight of the 25th?

No?
That's what I thought.

Many years have passed since that plan had been made, I have endured a couple or more heartbreaks and I have seen a few glimpse of life that made me think of trying to enjoy and live my life as a single woman, to go out and see the world.

And enjoy I did.

But you see, when you have noone to call your own, there are days when you just wish you do. Especially when you have so much love to give and been single for the longest time.

All I ever wanted was to have that man, that man that would take me as I am, bad skin, crooked teeth, thick body and all, and still treat me as his princess. Is that too much to ask?

I woke up today feeling a bit blah. I went downstairs and chanced upon this wedding magazine. As usual, I have nothing better to do. I sat down, grabbed it and started reading from cover to cover.

Tears started welling up in my eyes.
Reading every wedding story after another just made me cry some more. These women have been so lucky to have found the missing piece of their puzzle. I can not quite fathom the emotions I felt while reading the magazine. I am not in a hurry to fall in love and get married. However, I can not wait to meet someone that would make my heart beat faster and just make me smile just by the thought of him. Having my heart broken a few times did nothing to my being a hopeless romantic. I still believe that someday, I would find that love that would make all those heartaches worthwhile.

You might wonder why I chose the title above.

I am in love.

In love with the idea of weddings.

My wedding preference have changed over the years. I used to want it to be so grand, like a princess' wedding. I realized now that I've grown into this still hopeless romantic school girl trapped in a 20-something body that there are a lot of things that matter more than those expensive imported flowers, fifty thousand-something wedding gown, that dream-like reception or having Jason Magbanua as my videographer. Sometimes all that matters is having that one person that you choose to spend the rest of your life with.

It is that simple, right? Choosing to be with someone who feels the same way as you are.

Simple yet so complicated.



Man of my dreams, man up and sweep me off my feet.

I will make things easy for you. It does not mean I am an easy girl. It only means that I know what I want and I will not make things difficult by playing hard to get and end up hurting and losing you. Haha

No comments: