mylot

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moving Forward

Before you read any further, I must warn you that this blog post may be confusing to understand and may become nonsensical as you go on reading.

As some of the most important people in my life know, a very memorable event took place a few days ago and with that came a few significant choices. They have been placed in front of me and I had to make decisions right then and there. I was only given a couple of hours to actually think about what I want to say and do in the next few months, possibly years.

Yes or No choice is sometimes the most difficult choice a person could ever make. And sometimes I wish someone could make that for me. But since I was a kid I've fought for my right to make my own decisions and choices so why change the way things are now, right? But I had enough respect for my family that I actually seeked their advice. Months before, my family, specifically, my parents and I have talked about this and what's my say on the matter and theirs. And we have reached a mutual decision. I had to start somewhere. I guess this opportunity is where that somewhere is.

Fast track to now. The choices have been presented and the decisions have been made. It's still a long way to go, a lot of things could happen but I am forever optimistic. I am placing my trust and my life in God's hands. I know that these are our plans but his are greater than ours. One can only hope.

As Eric said: In-sha-Allah.

God-willing.

I know this is crazy but I can see myself in the next few months. I just hope God and I have the same vision. But still, one can only hope. Every night before I go to sleep, when I'm on my bed thanking God, praying, asking for forgiveness and hoping for things to turn out better, I would I ask Him to give me this one thing that I truly want. 

I just hope that He would.

Maybe then, if He would, I could finally move forward.

xoxo,
dee

No comments: