mylot

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I want to be alone... sometimes.

I only went out of the house today for the sole reason of bringing Germaine lunch. Then, it occurred to me to just go to the mall and have a much needed foot scrub and pedicure. With all that's been happening in my life, or the lack thereof, I just felt the need to have all these dead skin cells scrubbed off.
Also, with all the things that I do everyday, getting a pedicure is almost a luxury. I am not a busy girl, I just have a few things on my plate these days. Taking care of a baby is not easy, I tell you.  Sometimes we just need all the help we can get.
At first, I was thinking of getting my hair done, have a haircut or whatever then a pedi. But as I looked at my feet, I changed my priorities. My hair can survive another week. So I maybe having my hair cut next week. MAYBE.
So I went to SDR. It's a bit pricey, their foot scrub + pedi package, compared to other salons. As the foot scrub started, I felt relaxed and calm. But not for long. Most of the time, I was controlling my foot from jerking and myself from breaking into giggles.
Ahhhh. The wonder that is foot scrub.
Although this was an impromptu salon trip, right then and there I realized that I need to pamper myself once in awhile. I get a mani-pedi regularly but those other treatments I don't. So I really consider this as an indulgence. Trust me, I opt for hair color treatment more than those facials, scrubs, massages, etc.
Sometimes, I just forget how relaxing these things are. Now I'm thinking of getting a whole body massage real soon. My back feels so stiff from all the carrying and walking.
This day became ME-day. After I went to Sykes, I treated myself some more. I went to SB and bought Mocha Frappe and as I was walking around the mall, I passed by Auntie Anne's, I've been dying to try their pretzels. I bought their best seller, the cinnamon sugar.
It did not disappoint. I was expecting it to be crispy, biscuit-like, just like the pretzels were used to. But it's soft, like donuts, more like siakoy. While I was enjoying my treats, I realized that I really love going out alone. I enjoy the perks it gives. No rush. No talking. Just me, myself and I.
And as much as I want alone time, I also enjoy having impromptu chika sessions with old friends. Arianne, a friend from high school, saw me at Auntie Anne's. We sat and talked for awhile. It felt good to reconnect with old friends. They make us realized just how much has changed since then. And what's funny is that, along with the changes, you'd also see that a lot has stayed the same.
I used to hate change. But as I grow older, I learned to accept it as it comes. Hate it or love it, I don't really have a choice but to accept it.

xoxo,
dee

P.S.
This waiting thing sure is crappy. :'(


No comments: