mylot

Friday, December 30, 2011

Admitted.


12.31.11 Room 210
It’s really true that the best ideas and the best choices/decisions occur and are made in the bathroom. A few minutes ago, while I was washing the plate I used for dinner something occurred to me. And at the same time, I realized that it was rather out of desperation that that thing even dare occur inside my head.
**This is my first time to be admitted in the hospital. Imagine my anxiety when it comes to needles being inserted into my skin. Yes, I am a nurse but it doesn’t mean that I am immune to irrational fears of needles and the like. But, my first time didn’t mean traumatic experience. Neither IV insertion nor blood extraction hurt. Even the antibiotic administration, which I thought was a bit painful, didn’t. I was a bit groggy from my IV antibiotic. I was drifting from consciousness to unconsciousness and was in between mild to moderate pain, which was a long way from what I had experienced a few hours back. And the pain reliever did not totally alleviate the pain. There was no comfortable position and I had been on supine position for hours. I was the least of a talker the whole day yesterday. No amount of back rub or any diversional activity could ever relieve me of my pain.
**This pain attack could have occurred at a better time, just enough for it to heal. Haay naku. I have something important to do back in Cebu and we really don’t need something else to put our nonexistent money into. Seriously, this confinement and impending operation is really not part of out 6-month plan. This is like at the top of my never-ending debt to society. I better look for that wealthy man who’s willing to pay for all of my utang. Haha
**My admission outfit is my father’s loose white t-shirt and my ratty old leggings. What can I say, I was in pain yesterday and this was all I could get my hands on with what’s left of my strength. Nakakahiya. Seriously. Imagine my embarrassment when I saw the holes in my leggings. Bwahaha. Another thing, performing daily routines is made really difficult with IVF. I thought taking a bath was easy breezy. NOT. Even taking off my leggings and panties was like climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. EFFORT kaayo. Plus the horror stories you hear in hospitals. GAWD. Which makes going to the bathroom in the middle of the night to pee the most challenging of all. White walls, white tiles and gray-ish lighting are the perfect elements of a horror film. I could just imagine someone lurking behind the shower curtains. Mwahahaha.
**So on my last night, I was bored and what else could we do? We transformed ourselves to Betty la Fea-ish creatures. Bwahahaha. Unibrows, anyone?
Wala nako’y masulti pa. Me already! Pinakawala’y kwenta na na-admit sa hospital. Hahaha Hinilak before gi-hookan ug IV ug  pagdecide na magpa-opera. Me already! Ako na! AKo na jud!



No comments: