mylot

Saturday, December 31, 2011

We're gonna party like it's 2012!!!

Before anything else, I would like to greet my followers, all 4 and the anonymous ones, the curious, the bored and the intrigued, my friends, my families, my neighbors, and everyone else who happen to stumble upon this humble blog of mine a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What a year 2011 has been. At some points it felt like the end for me. Bad things happened, wrong choices and decisions were made, places were traveled, regrets were made-- but these did not make 2011 a bad year but a challenging one. Sufferings, pains, misery, despair, grief, loss are just part of the package, just like love, happiness, pleasure, among other things. We always have to experience the bad to appreciate the good. This is just how things work in this very complex world we call home. Just like how regret is always at the end of the experience which I believe makes the lesson even more valuable.

What are the things I loved most about 2011?

  • For the first time in years, we had a short photoshoot for family portraits last January during our Sinulog Celebration. 
What a palpak picture right? bwahaha i had cough. so sue me.
  • My high school barkada which we proudly call the LOIDA'S ANGELS celebrated Valentines together and we welcomed 2 new members, Eric and Lorina.
We had lunch at Pino Restaurant in Lahug, Cebu City

Welcoming two new additions to our family, Eric and Lorina!
  • I got to celebrate my birthday thrice this year: with College friends, Guada Family and the LA.
My prebday celebration with College friends at 10 Dove St.

My birthday dinner at Banana Leaf with my Guada Family.

My Post birthday Celebration with my high school friends at Zao and Bryz Bar.
  • My college Bff gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last March.
Meet Riley Dione, she's nine months now.
  • I got to travel back to Boracay with my brother and his family. Every trip is a different experience.
After riding the Flycat, I mean, Catfish. Oh it's Flyfish. bwahaha
  • Also last April, my high school batch mates and I had a mini reunion in Soob Mountain Resort in Albuera.
SPC Batch 2004
  • Last May, I was lucky enough to go to Bangkok, Thailand with my parents, my brother's family and his in-laws.
At the Grand Palace on our last day.
  • Last June, my nephew Korky and his mom went home for the summer. It had been over 4 years since my brother saw his son. It was heart-warming.
We cried when they saw each other for the first time in four years.

  • My cousin got engaged last September and we were required to dance. 
My cousins, nieces and nephew wearing our costumes. 
  • My cousin gave birth to her second daughter, Gabrielle Elizabeth last October.
It's amazing how someone this tiny could make you learn how to love unconditionally.
  • Gayle, Mikko and I went to CDO and Camiguin for a short break. We learned a lot of lessons during this trip.
White Water Rafting in CDO.

After a morning swim in White Island, Camiguin.
  • Gabb was baptized last December and we invited our Leyte family and they came to Cebu to take part in such a very memorable event.
On their last day in Cebu.

Unsa pa ba?

  • Na-inlove, Nasakitan.
  • Moved on.
  • Tweet/Facebook stats misunderstanding.
  • Offically afraid of commitment.
  • I got admitted sa last few days of the year.
  • Became an impromptu host in parties.
  • I got to slap to men in one night.
I met a lot of people this year and of course, I also lost a few people. Eventhough I lost few significant people this year, there are replacements man sad. We have new babies and nothing is sweeter than these creatures. 2011 will end in less than 2 hours. It's already January 1, 2012 in Sydney, Australia. 2012, they said it's gonna be the end of the world. Ready namu? We have to be because we really can't afford to be in the million dollar ark they built in the movie. The poor always dies first. haha just kidding. 2012 na. I'm gonna be 25 in a couple of months. 25 and I still haven't achieved my goals. Haay what a disappointment.



Now that's over and done with, should I proceed with the ones I hate or wish didn't happen? For those who know me know what have happened to my family the past year. It's heartbreaking and sad and there were nights when I wish that I could change the way things were. But life moves forward, not back. There's just no rewinds and all we have to do is to make things right, do what makes us happy and live each day like there's no tomorrow. 

Let's just let the past stay in the past. Life is meant to be lived in the present. There's nothing left to do but do our best and hope for a better outcome the next day.

But I will forever remain hopeful. I will continue to love life no matter how many problems, trials whatsoever it throws at me. I will continue to be positive. 

To the people who never left me this year, thank you so much. You're constant support has been my constant source of strength. Without you, living would be the most difficult thing ever in this world. Let's make 2012 better than this year, okay? Lezgo make memories!!!

Let's welcome New year with a happy heart and a clean mind!

May your New Year be as wonderful as the last!

May God bless us all!

xoxo,
dee








No comments: