mylot

Friday, March 13, 2009

Hematoma and information super highway

I've been in Cebu for a couple of days now. I have done what I was supposed to do. I've filed and paid for our Oathtaking. Seen some friends and visited an uncle admitted in the hospital.
With that visit, I learned that he needed blood donors. I volunteered since we share the same blood type. I came in the hospital the next day to have the necessary lab tests. Upon the extraction of blood using 10cc syringe, the medtech made a mistake. The plunger was already at the tip of the syringe and the blood inside hadn't reached 1cc yet. She was fishing for more blood when I felt a stabbing pain in my forearm. I endured it thinking I had to do it for my uncle. I wanted to help so bad that's why I put up with it. But then I started to sweat and my hands became clammy. I felt like fainting. I told the her that she's hurting me na and that could she stop torturing me. She did stop. Unfortunately, the sample she got was just enough for one vial. She had to extract another sample on my other arm. She was about to torment me when I told her I needed to eat first and I'd come back after an hour.
I came back a couple of hours after. When it was my turn to sit on the torture chair, I told her that she gave me a hematoma(A localized swelling filled with blood resulting from a break in a blood vessel). And she told me that she was incompetent enough to create a hematoma on a nonmoving arm. I asked her if it's okay na to donate blood a week short of three months. She asked her superior and she said no. She read the papers I filled out earlier. I wrote there dec.18,2008. I'm not allowed to donate. After the pain she caused me. I kept asking them the whole time. Stupid, incompetent medtechs. But it's okay with me. I'm over the fact that my forearm has this 1 1/2 inches of purplish discoloration.
---------------------------------------------------------
i went to prc late this morning to file for my license. As usual, I had no clue as to what to do. i asked manong guard what to do first. I followed his instruction. Being the low self-confident person that I am, I timidly asked this Pia Magalona look-alike before me in the line what to do first. basically, i was just asking her if im doing the right thing by getting in line. I guess she was too busy staying in line awaiting her turn 30ft from the counter to answer my question correctly. She answered my question by saying, "naa sa sud ang information, miss." (The information counter is inside miss.) Wow. I must admit I kind of deserve that. But really, was it too hard to say, "you're doing the right thing. keep up the good work."
I mean really. if I was in her position, I would gladly answer the person his/her questions and add some important things. But I am not her and vice versa.
Good thing, I met this Cdu girl and we helped each other. We were clueless. And icon was a lot of help this morning, too. She texted me what I was supposed to do.
Thank God!

Anyway, I gotta go. Theyre asking me where I am na. they miss me already. I gotta go home and hear germaine make new nicknames for me.

She's been calling me loidzii.
And she's 5 years old for crying out loud.

No comments: