mylot

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Ordinariness Of Rural Living

I was left with almost nothing to do last week. So I relieved my ennui with picture taking of a gazillion of nonsensical things. Once I got carried away, there's no turning back. And I am disliking the mundanity of my hometown. But I'm surviving it.

1,2,3 and 4: typical day in our place. Siesta.
5: We went to town to check if Tatay's session was over.
6: Manghukot. They were fixing the fishing net. It got torn the night before while catching fish. They were under the blistering heat of the midday sun.
7: There used to be a lot of fishing boats here. We call them Lantsa, Unay, and Sinsoro
8: One of the Mundane things we do, eat green mangoes with brown sugar.
9 and 11: My brother, Sasha and Raul. They were just walking. As I've said, I was bored.
10: Caught Sasha while she was running.
12: Thats me. Wearing the orange dress. It has become an everyday thing. Boating.

1 and 5: it was such a beautiful day. We decided to eat outside our house while watching the sunset. Plus it was Korkie's birthday.
2,3 and 4: The sun was setting. Twilight.

1: Diane and I at the terrace facing the road.
2: Tatay and I after eating a hearty lunch of biko, Sweet potato, gabi and chicken among others.
3: Mr. Turtle and I. Bonding session. Turtles aren't scary man diay. Until they stretch their necks to see your hand.
4: Daisy and I in the terrace facing the rice field and the manmade lagoon.
5: Me. On the bridge.
6: la lng.
7: I was trying to persuade Fr. Felix to give me the jackfruit.

We attended a wedding of a relative yesterday, Sunday.
1,7,9,10 and 12: Zhai was trying to take photos and make fun of us.
2 and 4: Bestfriends, Niña and Cornelia gossiping and drinking SMB.
3: Zhai and I in the Church.
5: What was he thinking? I wonder.
6: Niña and I inside the church.
8: See my hand right there? in the Left side? I was trying to tease tatay by pointing at his chest and making litik his nose.
11 and 13: The 3 of us eating cupcakes. In the church.

Sunday. Dadaz in OC. COusins.
1,7 and 12: Zhai, Me and Diane.
2: Himantayon girl.
3 and 4: OOW to OC.
5 and 6: Japanese SLippers and Black Currant.
9 and 11: Cheers to being cousins for life.
8: Zhai and I.
10: Me, Zhai. Daisy, Jackie and Regine.

1,2: PArty like rockstars.
3: Diane and I.
4: the six of us plus Tatay.
5 and 6: Same stepping?!?
7 and 8: Sleeping poses. They were drunk!
9 and 10: pose lang.
11: I dont know what song this was.
12: eat tatay eat!

1: Outside Dadaz.
2 and 3: On our way home. It was freezing.
4: eating siomai and all those fried thingies.
5: ordering our midnight snack
6:on our way home.
I am resuming the Rural life that I have left behind 4 years ago. I thought I would never go back. There were times that I didn't want to. My reason was, I refused to subject myself to that kind of ordinariness. For I believed I was destined (har har) to live in the city. I never really fitted in in the usual sea of people living in this slow-paced life. It was a struggle to hide who I am from these people. Fast forward to now, I have showed them who I am and a peek of who I will be in the years to come. I am not saying that I will be that same person forever. I will be constantly changing. Physically. Attitude-wise. But It will still be me. But hopefully, I will improve and be the best that I can be. Whatever decisions that I would make the next days, I know, would alter the direction of my life. But I am hoping that It would be for the best. For my family. and FOr myself. I've never been so excited in my life. Passing the NLE was like the first day of the rest of my life. And I could never be more grateful to God and to my family for supporting and believing in me. ALL the way. I love you guyz!

No comments: