mylot

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Time to Eat

What a day! What a day, I tell you! I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. But I feel so guilt-free. I am not food-deprived but I've been avoiding pork and other oily/fatty foods for a month now. Today, I felt like eating pork, specifically, LECHON, Inasal, or whatever you call it.

Imagine daw, not eating muy delicioso fatty and oily food for a long time, yes you'll get used to it but before that, you'll miss eating them that it makes eating stewed veggies, sutukil and other dishes feel like eating cardboard. Eventually, I got sick eating healthy food. Eck!

So today, I ate lechon. It's all I ate  for lunch plus cassava with coconut milk and sugar, sweet potato and pineapple and a little bit of rice. But all in moderation. I really don't want to have Dumping Syndrome so I made sure I only had enough lechon. You see, most post-chole patients experience diarrhea after eating fatty food. I haven't experienced that except during immediate post-op. I really consider myself lucky. Thank you God for always hearing my prayers. And thank you for not letting Fr. Felix pinch my incision site. He was an inch away from it. Grrrr.

Asa ka ngtan-aw, Fr. Felix? BWAHAHAHA
After we heard mass, we went to Ormoc to attend Fr. Soon's birthday dinner. I didn't eat lechon anymore because I've had my share during lunch. What I did was... tan-tadadan!!! CARBO-LOADING. haha I ate spaghetti and carbonara, pancake-looking thingy, empanada, chocolate cupcake and halo-halo.
Me. Me and Zhai. Us with the birthday boy, Fr, Dennis Soon.
Guests-turned-entertainers. Daisy and Zhai singing "Fireworks".
After dinner, it was still too early to go home. We decided to chill a bit at Bebidas. They had Strawberry Daquiri and poor me had to settle for Raspmocha Frappe. As it turned out, they ended up drinking my frappe because they had enough of alcohol. bwahahaha

Me and my Raspmocha Frappe from Bebidas Ormoc.
After half a pitcher of Strawberry Daquiri.

All in all, it was a food-filled day for me. I am so full I could barely fit in my underwear. BWAHAHAHA. I am currently experiencing shortness of breath due to excessive food intake. GLUTTONY na ni dai. hahaha

Things I realized today:

  • It doesn't matter what others think. As long as you know who you are, what you are capable of, what they say is unimportant. 
  • It's nice to be child-like, especially if dealing with conflicts. :D
  • That humility is the way to go.
  • To just let things be. 
  • What goes around, comes around.
  • No matter how much goodness you try to pass around in this world, some people are still bound to share badness. Sometimes even under a disguise.
  • Money turns people into jerks/assholes.
  • Some people are just plastic, naturally. Meaning INBORN and ka-plastikan. 
Enough of this crap.

It's almost midnight already. It's time to sleep. Tomorrow is another day and I swear I'm not going to waste it by thinking about useless stuff. Tomorrow will be w very productive day. :D

Goodnight, Southeast Asia!!!
Good Morning, America!!!
Good Afternoon, Oman!!!
Good Day, World!!!

XO,
Dee

No comments: